Yahoo! Avatars

Thursday, July 7, 2011

SKYPE July 7, 2011

Here's what I did:  I contacted BISD district technology department to see if we can use Skype, what type hardware and permissions would be involved etc.  And if not Skype, then something similar? They are going to get back with me and I have asked for permission to share that reply.  So...pending approval from technology, I would like to ask the English teachers which contemporary novel(s) will be studied this year.  Then I would be happy to contact the author and see about a Skype interview.  The other best application IMHO would be the converstations in real-time with other classes learning English as our kids study their language.  I especially think this would be fun for the German and French classes as it's harder to find native speakers here.  The most useful link to me was, "Met Any Good Authors Lately?" from SLJ  http://www.schoollibraryjournal.com/article/CA6673572.html

No comments: