Yahoo! Avatars

Thursday, July 7, 2011

SEARCH ISLAND July 7, 2011

Here is one of my favorite articles about searching, using brain + internet, and being a lifelong learner.  I love Joyce Valenza! http://blog.schoollibraryjournal.com/neverendingsearch/2011/06/08/i-hope-youll-search-with-skill-a-revised-letter-to-my-grads/

I agree that we will have to be much more conversant with guiding our teachers and students to finding academically acceptable information and citing it.  I realized this last year.  Even with databases, high quality websearching is vital.

Here's my bucket--I think the government sites were among the most interesting and useful.  I also loved the metadata engines.  I've been teaching ipl2 for years, from before the merger. And I'll be showing the world geography teachers the One Nation for sure.

No comments: