Yahoo! Avatars

Monday, July 12, 2010

Week 6 Classroom Aids

This was fun and made me wish we had more computers, but at least we now have two mobile labs. This is what I'd do with these fun programs:
MM-I'd finally have a reason to tempt my math teachers to come to the library for a hands-on learning session. Then they'd jump to get the mobile labs in their own classrooms. This is a fun way to learn and practice the various h.s. math components and not something they get to do much online. This is my favorite of all of these.
Kidz Zone-I would like to see the parts that enable two different subject areas to collaborate. I also liked the links to new educational materials that would be just for the teachers.
Google Lit and History- creating and publishing one of these trips including the links to add in-depth information about either a historical event for the history classes, or one of the novels or plays for ELA would be a major coup for any of our classes. Additionally, adding a "what if...?" dimension would really address the quadrant D thinking we are supposed to be reaching. This would be another opportunity to engage in multi-class cooperation and learning.
Word Sift- I like this, but I think you'd have to really guard against too many field trips to the images. I do think it would be a fun way to get students to get immediate feedback and prompting on better writing.

No comments: