Yahoo! Avatars

Friday, June 25, 2010

Week 4 I am NOT ready for my close-up

I am claiming, "It's not how I use technology, it's how the kids use it that counts" for this one. The possibilities are huge, but the amount of time involved is crazy. However, I'd still encourage the teachers to assign movies and photo story 3 products in conjunction with well written papers as worthy projects.

I must say the DE has come a long way with the 9-12 level components, especially in literature and social studies. It's my go-to now whenever a teacher asks if I have anything video on any topic. I really appreciate the district providing it for us.

I tried for three hours to upload my moviemaker video and got fed up. Sorry! I used DE for the clips, saved it to my desktop and to an external drive. Guess it will be one of those times when I say to kids, "Who knows how...?"

1 comment:

Michelle Griffith said...

Sometimes it does take forever to get movies to load. I have found it works better if you do it in the evening.
Discovery Streaming does have a wide variety of videos for our use.